STEM Starter Kit: ‘Smart Home Box’
Learning to design, code, and make has never been so easy and engaging
For STEM Clubs and Key Stages 2 & 3 Students (ages 9+)
The Smart Home Box is the best STEM starter kit for 9+ year-olds to begin playing, learning and innovating their environment. Expect a bit of science, coding, 3D design, and a lot creative problem solving!
With the kit, you will access 4 ready-made, curriculum aligned projects. But the kit also supports a variety of projects in our Makers Pack, maximising the return on your investment.
The Smart Home Box is the ideal STEM starter kit for Year 6-7 transition students to learn Block-Based Coding and Python.
Smart Lamp 🔦
Ever wanted to snap your fingers and turn the lights on? What about changing colours based on music? 🎶
Smart Recycling Bin ♻️
‘Is the bin full? Who’s turn is it to take the rubbish out?’ – is something you will never hear again 😎
Smart Pet Feeder 🙊
Make sure no pets go hungry when you leave the house, but watch out for those who try to beat the system 😉
Smart Alarm 🚨
Add a layer of smart security to any area of the house with this simple but clever alarm 🕵️
- Save time. Lesson plans, curriculum links, and assessments are all included. Everything is ready-made to be used out of the box.
- Bring the STEAM curriculum to life and get students excited about your subject.
- Help students gain insights into future careers and see how the curriculum is relevant to the real world (Gatsby Benchmark #4).
- Maximise investment by reusing components and creating a range of other projects.
- Reward your students with certificates and badges generated through our platform
- Coding in MakeBlock & Python
- 3D design in TinkerCAD & Fusion 360
- Creative problem-solving
- Critical thinking
- Design thinking
Features & Elements
- Access to Smart Home Projects includes:
- 2 pathways: Block-Based Coding and Python
- Lesson plans
- AQA, Edexcel, & OCR curriculum links with: Science, Computing, Design & Technology
- Careers spotlights
- Certificates and badges
- Quizzes and assessments
- 3D Models
- Code libraries and snippets
- Kit box includes:
- Robotics board + case
- Battery pack with 3x AA batteries
- Ultrasonic sensor + case
- Servo motor + case
- 5x LEDs + cases
- 15x Alligator clips
- 50x Nuts and screws
- 5x Velcro tape
- USB cable
- Connector bracket
- Multi-head screwdriver
- Polymer sheet
- Blueprint sheet