The Home of Project Based Learning
Build skills for tomorrow by making the things you are curious about today.
3DUCATE is a project-based learning platform for the world to make, learn, share, and teach.
Bringing Industries to Life
Whether it’s in the classroom or the boardroom, most work today is done virtually and collaboratively in projects. Today’s employees are expected to quickly learn new materials and constantly adapt to change. Project-based learning accurately mirrors this environment.
Through projects, students learn principles of math, science, English, business, and other subjects through relevant and authentic applications that reflect the real-world. In addition to curriculum knowledge, projects empower students to build both tech and human skills to thrive in the 21st century.
Benefits of 3DUCATE Projects
Design attracts a wider range of students. Making functional artefacts using 3D printing and electronics also adds a kinesthetic component to learning, creating stronger connections in learners’ minds.
Working with industry partners helps us provide real life context to projects, helping students understand how the skills and knowledge they are building can unlock future study and career opportunities.
Team projects challenge students to go beyond simply completing tasks. They require effective and considerate design, communication, collaboration, and iteration to understand, test and validate assumptions.
All of our learning experiences involve the use of CAD tools, 3D printers, electronics, various programming languages, sensors, as well as subject-specific technical knowledge.
Project work fosters students’ abilities to think critically, communicate, and work in teams. Some projects may even involve designing systems, business models, and pitching.
Projects are created with ❤️ by our passionate community of students, makers, managers, and leaders.
3DUCATE enables a variety of learning experiences
- Fully online and remote. Great for anyone who wants to learn on their own terms.
- Learn and engage with projects at your own pace – pause, jump back, and switch between projects as you see fit.
- Fully remote or in-person learning, enabling teachers and facilitators to engage students directly and guide the learning experience.
- Deliver lessons and workshops in person or remotely through videoconferencing, track student progress, and manage assessments.
- Fully remote or in person, making and learning things in collaboration with others.
- Create learning pathways for different team roles, share files, and create discussions through forums